Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer coming brings to mind some of the best parts about being a man. It means more time at the sports bar with my other truly awesome man friends. Now they may not be quite as awesome as me (don't tell them, they wouldn't agree), but we all live by the same basic man principals:

1) Make sure wives know that the kids need to come first for them. Whether you are still the master of their domain, or out on the prowl (or both!), they would rather be taking care of the kids anyway. So get the kids once in a while, when you have to, and get them ESPECIALLY when it enhances your awesomeness. By this I mean when it makes you look like a responsible guy and a great father to others-especially a new lady. The ladies dig a guy who appears to be a great dad.

2) Control the schedule. Agreed upon visitation schedules, vacation plans, restraining orders...these things are formalities that restrain the realities of people who are either ladies, or men that should be ladies. You know-not awesome. Show up when you want or don't, if a last minute chance to work on a new girlfriend comes up OR if you find out your ex is trying to take a chance to "have some time for herself" to do something-that's when it's time to remind her that fun and freedom are benefits of manhood. Demand time when YOU want-not when the courts say, cancel when the ex seems to be forgetting her role or when the kids might cramp your style.

3) Try to keep up appearances. Kids have summers off from school, and your friends will know this. Be seen with your sons in public at a park or game once in a while, especially if the girl you're scoping will be there. It'll make everyone around see how awesome you are, and what a fool your ex was for letting a stud like you go! If you have girls you can be seen with them if you want, or just tell people you've done something nice for your daughters. That'll make you look good, and you can say your ex wouldn't let you have the time you're supposed to have (or something).

Stay manly my friends!







4 comments:

  1. I don't think using the kids as pawns in silly games, or being difficult on purpose just to get at you ex makes you more manly. Real men should step up and continue to be an involved and sincere dad, and support the mother (keep bad opinions to yourself). If you play these sorts of games you'll only make yourself look bad, and you'll mess up your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...Brandi?...Brianna maybe?...The ladies are welcome here, and can share their thoughts-but be serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe someone here can help. I am puttin my best man foot down. I'm out drinkin it up with my coworkers and the ladies, I'm workin a nice new car after goin through a bankruptcy and stickin the ex with the debt,I go out with girls and rub it in her face all the time. Also, I make sure I demean her whenever I get the chance-physically, mentally...whatever...I let her know how much more awesomer and awesomer I am getting, and how she's doomed to a horrible existence. I make sure all my friends stay clueless to how rotten I am to her, but tell them that she is horrible and uncooperative. I harass her through email and texts whenever I can, from work, from home, from the bar...whatever! When I take some time out to get the kids or guilt her into letting me get them, I let her know I will work to turn our son against her. I'm doing everything a real man should do, I think. So why isn't she giving in? Why won't she just let me win?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Madden, you're either yanking our chain or your a whiny wuss-bag. Maybe both! The idea of running the show is a little different than being a pouty puss, or a spiteful ninny."Why won't she just let me win?" Really? It's like the story of the guy who leaves his wife and kids to run around for a summer, then gets all crazy when she won't take him back. That guy tries to blame his whole miserable loser existence on her instead of manning it up. But hey-good luck to you. Write again when you've grown a pair.

    ReplyDelete