Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Here's a message I got from someone who wants to be a man, he's just not sure how to do it in the situation he's in. Let's see if there's any help for him:

Alex, I need some advice on how to be more of a man.I have taken the normal manly steps, but I've been at it for like three years and I'm not sure I've gotten any more manly. Here's what I have done:

1) I hooked up with some girls from work.
2) I left my wife and kids to be a pretend bachelor for a summer
3) I gave her a reasonable deadline to let me come home
4) I let her know she is only hurting the children by not giving me my way
5) I tell her all the ways she does not measure up to all the ladies I try to hook up with.
6) I email and text her all the time to let her know how not letting me do what I want, when I want with the kids makes her look like a colossal unreasonable loser and how she is possibly missing out on the best man and father ever.
7) I have told her how, when someone at her work sees my many,many horrible emails about her, they will know the truth about her and how she refused to let the best guy ever have his way. 

I think she is just stung by the pain of my rejection, because everyone I know tells me how great I am. Does she not see it because there's something wrong with her? Will she ever come around?

Thanks for you help- Minnesota Man

This is my response, but any other ideas might help. That's what makes us men!

Minnesota,

You have been very busy! In fact, you are so busy, and trying so hard, that you appear to be more like a needy,whiny, resentful man-boy. I'm not saying that to be mean, but when you get stuck on that mouse-wheel you will never be happy. You will always look for someone else, or something more (like a higher position at work-not because you want it, but because you can't play well with others and would raher just try and be their boss).When something isn't working, you try something else. Focus on actually BEING more awesome, not pretending to be, or just telling everyone how awesome you are.


1 comment:

  1. I'm wondering what the girl's problem is.Ladies shouldn't even need a deadline to be a good girlfriend and wife-they just do it! First of all, it's their job to take care of the kids and their man's needs. Second of all, everyone knows they really like it when their boyfriends and husbands run around scoring other girls. It reminds them how desirable their man is to the other ladies, and it ignites that sense of competition-makes them work even harder to please and keep their man. A win-win! She keeps her man and he gets all the women and all the attention he needs! Does this girl not know how it works?

    ReplyDelete