Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Stay Important My Friends!

Some words to live by in the new year:

It's important to be nice when you have to be, but it's even nicer for people to know you're important.

This is a lesson I learned the hard way. When my last ex wouldn't accept my level of manly as a gift to her and our kids, she was forgetting this cardinal rule. I had the all the "nice" for her she needed, and it should've been enough to show her how "important" I was to her. The girls I was seeing behind her back got even more "nice" because they were important to me. She complained, of course, but I had to give her this explanation of reality repeatedly, letting her see how ignorant she was, and still is (I sometimes have to keep reminding her, AND let her know I point it out to our son). I hope she trains our daughter better, but that's not really my department. My obligation is to my little man. He already gets the ladies, because I make sure he understands the "nice"/ "important" relationship.

It's important that people are nice to me.

It's nice when people realize how important I am.

As the New Year approaches, be planning for where you can be seen, who you will be with, and how you can stroke that man image.

No comments:

Post a Comment